Graduate Soil Scientist Bristol 2021
We are looking for a hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic graduate with passion and initiative to develop their career in soils. With soils becoming more and more important in our core of environmental protection and climate change in governmental legislations, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge to become a soil scientist.
The role will be office (or home) and site based. You will work closely with engineers and environmental technical specialists from multiple disciplines to provide technical support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking soil resource and / or agriculture land classification surveys
- Preparing soil and /or agriculture-related technical reports as standalone pieces of work or in support of Environmental Statements
- Soil sample preparation and soil data collation post soil survey
- Assisting with the soil team to help our engineering, environmental and project management teams to develop sustainable and environmentally beneficial solutions to infrastructure schemes, from outline business case through to construction
- Degree in a relevant environmental subject, soil science preferred but not essential
- 1-2 years post graduate work experience
- Experience in agriculture and soils field surveys preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Willing to working toward full membership of British Society of Soil Science and then Chartership
- Good report writing skills
- GIS knowledge preferred but not essential
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure
- Willing to work outdoor under different weather conditions
- UK full driving license
We are looking for a graduate with 1-2 years post-graduate experience to join our growing Soil & Agriculture team in Bristol. The team provides the group with soil survey and technical advice either as stand-alone services or as part of big infrastructure projects. You will work with our diverse client base, including the Environment Agency, Network Rail, Highways England, private developers, utility companies and local authorities and have opportunities to develop your soil knowledge and skills via working on nationally significant important infrastructure projects.
Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.