Graduate Water Engineer
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, versatile Graduate Engineer to join our growing Water sector to work on a variety of projects. The type of work will be varied due to the nature of our multi-disciplinary organisation of Mott MacDonald, which includes Civil/Structural, Transportation, Water, Environment & M/E disciplines.
The successful candidate will be required to have a good analytical mind and background.
The candidate will need to be flexible and dynamic, with a can do attitude.
The successful candidate will report to the Water Sector Account Leader.
We would expect the graduate engineer to have the following;
- Achieved or expected to achieve 2:1 or above in Civil/Environmental Engineering
(BEng), or a post graduate qualification (MSc) in Civil/Environmental Engineering;
- Will have genuine interest & enthusiasm for Civil/Environmental Engineering;
- Methodical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members;
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing;
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs;
- Highly motivated to learn on the job as well as undertake training.
What you can expect from us
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Competitive Pension
- Competitive annual leave;
- An annual professional institution subscription;
- Life insurance;
- Income Continuance;
- Enhanced parental leave;
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance;
- Cycle to Work Scheme