Junior Consultant Birmingham 2021
You will be working on a range of projects in sectors including but not limited to, transport, health, infrastructure, equality, community development, housing and regeneration, international development. You will undertake activities such as:
- Social research
- Equality impact assessment
- Social impact assessment
- Health impact assessment
- Social value and community benefit analysis
- Consultation and engagement
- Evaluation and appraisal
Tasks will likely include:
- Engaging with clients and project stakeholders
- Planning and delivering stakeholder engagement, including focus groups and workshops
- Producing reports, action plans and presentations
- Responding to client briefs
Contributing to our social development consultancy offer regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Analytical and inquisitive.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Able to work independently and as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate analysis and good, clear, report writing.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Personal, academic and/or professional passion for social development, social science and research.
- Keen interest in the social role of infrastructure and the built environment.
Due to increased business we are looking for a Junior Consultant in Social Development to join our team within the Environment and Social Division. We are looking for someone who is interested in understanding how infrastructure, policy and services interact with local communities. Successful candidates will be involved in impact assessments, evidence reviews, policy research, stakeholder engagement and analytical projects. You will help deliver assignments for our existing client base, liaise with new clients and be involved in winning new work to grow the business.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence