A Year in New York
Looking to jump-start your career? Want to add international experience to your CV? Transform your life and career by living, working and studying in New York City with the Mountbatten Program.
The Mountbatten Program was established in 1984 to connect top global businesses with the brightest young professionals. We provide a career defining program of international internship, post-grad study and cultural exchange, along with a powerful alumni network of 7,000 people across 45 countries.
The New York Program
This is a 12-month, full-time, paid internship at a leading global company, for the March 2020 intake. We also facilitate optional academic qualifications; A Diploma, awarded by the Mountbatten Institute, or an MA awarded by the University of Chester.
New York is one of the most exciting and fast-paced cities in the world and we want to make sure that you have the time of your life whilst gaining invaluable professional development. We provide an all-inclusive package to ease the transition from your home country to New York, including:
- Placing you with a host organization
- Coordination of your 12-month J-1 visa
- 12-month's rent-free accommodation and utilities
- Academic qualification and professional enrichment (optional)
- USD $1,275 monthly living allowance, subject to taxes
- On-site support
- Health insurance
Trainees receive more in benefits, including their living allowance and accommodation, than the cost of the Program, making a year in New York City great value for money, as well as great fun! The total package is worth almost $26,000.
Living in New York City
Alumni often describe their 12 months in New York as the 'best year' of their lives.
The shared accommodation (included in the package) is within easy reach of the city and provides the opportunity for Trainees to make friends fast. From brunch to cultural events, trips to the Jersey Shore, Canada or California, they like to jam-pack their free time and create incredible memories.
Future-proofing your career
Trainees that enrol in an academic program also take part in our professional enrichment program, in collaboration with tech education company, Decoded. This five-session program aims to equip Mountbattens with the skills and understanding to enter the new digital workforce and is typically reserved for large multinational organizations.
Alumni include successful tech founders, an Obama Foundation Fellow, members of the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, to name a few.
- Office-based work experience - minimum 12 months (less will be considered for recent graduates)
- Undergraduate degree, classified 2:2 or above (by the time you start the program)
- Fluency in English (see website for language requirements)
- And are curious and ambitious
There are some costs associated with the Program which cover administration expenses. The fees will vary depending on the program you choose:
- 12-month internship - £3,500
- 12-month internship + Diploma and tech classes - £7,000
- 12-month internship + MA in Entrepreneurial Management - £11,000
The program is a unique combination of work, study and living abroad for graduates and young professionals that jump-starts their careers in an increasingly competitive global market.