Human Resources Graduate Programme 2021
We offer exciting 2 year graduate programme opportunities to recent graduates that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. A placement with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Graduate Placement Overview
The 2-year programme will provide you with breadth of experience across all the company’s divisions. You will have the opportunity to work on projects in Manufacturing, Research & Development, Animal Health as well as the commercial operations of our Human Health Division and the support functions associated with them. You will also develop a depth of knowledge and skills across the employee life cycle with involvement in talent acquisition, talent development, employee relations, wellbeing, and compensation & benefits.
You will be a key member of the HR team, driving the implementation of our company's People Strategy and will very quickly take responsibility for your own projects and their deliverables. You will need to be flexible in your approach to work, delivering analysis and detailed work to the highest standards whilst also dealing with sensitive issues or delivering large scale employee communications. As your experience and understanding of our business grows you can expect to take ownership of more complex and challenging issues.
We expect you to bring your whole self to the team and value the unique contributions you will bring. You will receive coaching from members of the wider HR team and will have the opportunity to have a mentor from the HR Senior Team.
Examples of duties and responsibilities
- Intern / student recruitment and programme management
- HR / Company award submissions eg Top Employer Award, International Diversity and Inclusion Awards
- HR Policy and Process improvement
- Management of Communications to employees regarding changes to terms and conditions, HR policies and processes
- Organisational change projects
- Grievance and disciplinary processes
- Core administration in support of the HR team
- Honours degree or equivalent
- Highest level of integrity
- Empathetic and High Emotional Intelligence
- Flexible and proactively stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Self-aware and seeks out feedback in order to drive development
- Experience working in a team and adapting your style to get the best from others
- Patient; curious, enthusiastic, positive and proactive approach to work
How to apply
Please complete the online application form and attach an editable CV and cover letter (not a PDF, please submit the CV and cover letter as 1 document).
In your cover letter we would encourage you to answer the following questions; Why are you applying to our company and why are you applying for this role?
Additionally, you may include any additional information you feel further supports your application.
Maximum word count for your cover letter: 300 – 400 words. Please do not exceed this.
Our recruitment process for this role is: An online application, an online assessment, a telephone interview and then a final virtual assessment.