IT Project Delivery Placement
We offer exciting 12-month placement opportunities for university students approaching their penultimate study year and who are looking for an industry placement as part of their degree. A placement with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects that help on our mission to save and improve lives, all whilst working alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
Who are we
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Working in a professional and friendly environment, will provide you the opportunity to gain practical experience in an IT Project Delivery role and will help build a strong foundation for success in your future. Throughout your twelve-month placement at our company, you will be provided with the opportunity to support, develop and improve our IT systems and processes as well as be provided opportunities to travel to other sites. You will be part of a friendly, energetic, highly motivated and collaborative team working on Projects using leading edge IT technologies.
Implementation of new IT systems in-line with business needs:
- Development of new business systems to meet business specifications, project timescales and users’ expectations
- Provide technical expertise to implement and integrate new and existing systems and technologies
- Opportunity to manage and deliver your own projects with guidance from your mentor
Maintenance and development of existing IT system:
- Participate in change management processes working with key stakeholders to deliver continuous improvement
- Development and delivery of training packages to business users
- Opportunity to work in an agile environment to deliver business demands and drive business value
- Delivering projects throughout different phases of the system development lifecycle
Maintain compliance to our Company’s Corporate and Regulatory guidelines for IT systems:
- Ensuring all necessary training is completed and documented successfully
- Application of our Company’s specific System Development Life Cycle to systems
- Production of accompanying documentation for the implementation of new systems
- Adherence to our Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in everything you do
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a IT related degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Demonstrates analytical and technical ability
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and innovating skills
- Display excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude
- Able to demonstrate reliability and build relationships at all levels with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrates problem solving and innovating skills
- Learns from and helps others overcome obstacles
- Displays attention to detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines
- A self-starter who can be relied upon to work with minimal supervision
How to apply
- Please complete the online application form and attach an editable CV and cover letter (not a PDF, please submit the CV and cover letter as 1 document).
- In your cover letter we would encourage you to answer the following questions; Why are you applying to our company and why are you applying for this role?
- Additionally, you may include any additional information you feel further supports your application.
- Maximum word count for your cover letter: 300 – 400 words. Please do not exceed this.
- Our recruitment process for this role is: An online application, an online assessment, a telephone interview and then a final virtual assessment.