Pharmaceutical Bulk Integrated Process Team Industrial Placement 2021
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Provide day to day assistance for the Integrated Process Team (IPT) Coaches and IPT Production Lead as well as involvement in support of specific IPT improvement projects.
- Provide technical assistance for all processes involved in running of the IPT
- Implement improvement projects as directed by IPT Production Lead
- Work with our team on investigations and follow up issues arising from safety incidents, atypicals or customer complaints, establishing assignable causes for events and proposing appropriate actions to minimise rework and improve processes
- Participate as directed on Continuous Improvement projects to realise improvements in Safety, Quality, Supply or Cost
- Comply with the standards in our Company’s policies, procedures, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- To work on any IPT projects or tasks as advised by IPT Coaches or Production Leads
As a student on placement working within our Integrated Process team you will need to comply with the following:
- Compliance with our Company’s Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Attending and successfully completing applicable GMP training, including training in local operating procedures
- Ensuring you are suitably trained to perform your job
- Ensuring that this training is accurately recorded in your training record
- Ensuring that your job is performed in accordance with the training and in compliance with procedures relevant to the role/activity
- Bringing to the attention of management any violation in cGMPs and/or other concerns which may affect the safety, efficacy, or purity of our Company’s product
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying a degree in a related discipline (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science or Chemistry) (or equivalent qualification)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- Demonstrates the ability to build effective working relationships quickly
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Has a can-do attitude, anticipates problems and proposes solutions, approaches work challenges creatively