Junior QA Engineer
Who are MSite?
From humble beginnings, MSite has risen to become a global leader, providing state-of-the-art digital identity solutions to some of world’s most demanding workplaces. Our customers, including major construction companies, expect an unparalleled level of innovation and quality from our products and services.
From our employees, we expect commitment, trust and imagination to be your driving forces. In return, you can expect to play a key role in our story and join a dynamic market leader at a crucial stage of its development. At MSite, you can expect more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior QA Engineer to join our Product Team.
What does a Junior QA Engineer do?
- Produce clear and accurate test scripts against design requirements in line with standard outlined by the QA team.
- Responsible for delivering quality product against the defined functional requirements, including post release production testing
- Work closely with scrum teams and other groups to develop, maintain and execute manual and automated test suites
- Actively contribute to design and SCRUM meetings
- Maintaining test environments
- Responsible for investigation and replication of issues for maintenance team.
- Logging\Tracking Software Bugs on projects accurately.
- Provide regular, accurate and timely status reports to line manager and team, with regard to project status and issues, whilst following all internal processes.
- Identify and address own personal and professional development needs, and show commitment to continued learning
How to stand out
- GCSE 5 A-C and above
- Strong academic background
- Software Engineering Degree (or similar e.g. Microsoft Certified Application Developer or relevant working experience)
- ISEB/ISTQB qualified
- 1+ years’ experience as a QA tester in the software industry.
- Test script automation experience
- Test case design, execution and defect management
- Creation of Test Strategy and Test Plan documents
- Experience of testing Mobile applications
- Experience in using TFS
- Experience with SQL Server
- Hardware Testing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to break up complex software solution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a passion for software development and testing with a ‘test to break’ approach
- Demonstrable passion for technology
What we can do for you
- 24 days holidays, increasing with service
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Study Assistance
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Recruitment Bounty