Aspire 1000 Software Development
We believe more people from diverse backgrounds should have the opportunity to begin exciting careers in technology and finance. So, we’re offering ALL graduates the opportunity to receive 4-8 weeks of free online training to help you launch an exciting career in software development.
If you’ve always dreamt of an exciting career in tech or finance, now’s the time to make it a reality.
How Aspire 1000 works
- Apply via the mthree website. The only requirement is that you have a degree.
- Complete the assessments. You will receive a link to an online assessment, followed by video interviews. If you’re successful, our talent team will work with you to decide which training pathway is right for you.
- Get trained online. You’ll learn everything you need to start your career in technology or banking services. Learning from experts from mthree and The Software Guild (our training bootcamp business) who have decades of experience, you'll be taught the technical and soft skills that organisations really need. Training is completely free and there are no hidden costs or catches.
- Work with our careers service to start your career. After the training, you’ll be supported by mthree’s careers service which will help you connect with opportunities at some of the world’s most exciting companies.
What will you learn?
One week of professional development, including best practices, business skills and soft skills. You’ll then learn modules specific to your pathway:
Software Development pathway
- Core Java Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Console & File I/O and Java Testing Frameworks
- Designing, building & testing a Java application
- Implementing support for monitoring, troubleshooting, & production management of the application
Helping you get the best possible start to your career
Our careers service will help you create an impressive CV and cover letter, practice interviewing, and learn how to navigate your career. You’ll be able to attend workshops and work 1-2-1 with the team to ensure you’re set up for success.
Through our network of over 450 employers, you can forge valuable connections, learn about upcoming roles and advance your career. Our clients include leading investment banks, as well as other blue-chip/Fortune 500 companies. If we place you with an mthree client, you’ll join the mthree Alumni Programme – a 24-month graduate programme that offers pay increases every 6 months and sets the foundations for long-term careers.
- A degree from any university.
- Practical knowledge of programming- this could be from your personal, academic or professional experience.
- A demonstrable interest in technology - you will be asked for examples of what you have done to encourage your passion in this area.
- Availability to train for up to 8 weeks, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, start dates monthly from January 2021
- A basic IT set-up: laptop/computer, webcam, microphone, reliable Wi-Fi
- Pass an online aptitude assessment, coding assessment (software development pathway only) and a video call with mthree’s talent team.
- Show you’re committed to creating equality in tech.
Important information on Diversity
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of every individual who contributes to making mthree the company it is today and will be in the future.
We value diversity both within mthree and with our partner companies, and we’re proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish by promoting a strong culture of equality and inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for mthree.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond, then please email email@example.com to discuss the options available to you. All conversations will be confidential and will never directly impact your application with us. Please note that by emailing this address, it will not count as an application and only emails regarding reasonable adjustments will be responded to.