mthree Alumni Mainframe Engineering Graduate Programme 2021
Here at mthree, we pair talented graduates with leading global businesses. We’re always on the lookout for ambitious graduates to join the mthree Alumni Graduate Program, kick-starting your tech career within an entry-level Mainframe Engineering role and working onsite with a leading Investment Bank in various locations throughout the UK.
Our 24-month graduate program begins with 4 weeks of paid training and career coaching, where you will learn everything you need to hit the ground running as a Mainframe Engineer.
After you've completed the paid training, you'll have the opportunity to fast-track your career at a global investment bank or leading tech company.
What you’ll do
Although mainframe and COBOL have been around since the early days of computing, they are still heavily utilized in industries that require massive data crunching and security, such as banking – this means that there’s a large demand for Mainframe Engineers within these industries.
What you learn in this field will help as you pivot to other career opportunities in computing and programming at a future date and keep you steadily employed due to high global demand for this skill set.
As part of the Mainframe Engineering roles, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, analysing, and modifying programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for large computer systems within the organization.
- Maintaining and developing online and batch application programs alongside developing disaster recovery plans.
Whilst in the mthree academy, you will learn the features, structures and formats for the technologies needed to enter a Mainframe Engineering role successfully. This includes:
- MVS, TSO ISPF
What you need
- 2.1 grade within a STEM degree
- An analytical mindset with a thirst to build a career in tech.
- A quick thinker and problem solver that operates well under demanding and high pressurized environments.
- A strong aptitude for technology with the ability to pick up new skills in a speedy fashion.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without the need of sponsorship in the future.
- Available from the start of April having already graduated.
What you’ll receive
- Fully paid, in-depth and interactive training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts with working knowledge of the field.
- A competitive graduate salary
- Pay increases every 6 months
- A flexible benefits package including gym membership
- Ongoing training and pastoral care
- Invaluable industry experience and the opportunity to start a career in a desirable and competitive industry
To be considered for this role, you must be open to working in Bournemouth or a number of other strategic locations in the UK. Please get in touch for more information on our program and roles.
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each and every individual who contributes to making mthree the company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity both within mthree and with our partner companies, and we’re proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish by promoting a strong culture of equality but most importantly, inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for mthree.