Graduate Safety, Health, Environment and Sustainability Analyst
- Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability (SHES) matters in conjunction with the SHES department.
- Collate Business Unit / Contract SHES statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHES team & SHES Department for reporting purposes
- Provide reports, presentations and information of data analysis
- Review SHES statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement Project / SHES campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHES Manager
- Support site SHES teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction SHES Plans.
- Assist the SHES team in carrying out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Assist identifying significant SHES issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts/ yards to include appropriate controls.
- Identify SHES consents/ permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
- Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required
- Mirror the Murphy Values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect in all behaviours.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Who we’re looking for
- Driven and motivated looking to progress their career in SHES
- Some experience from the Rail/Transport industry would be advantageous but not necessary
- Excellent data analysis skills and integration of data
- Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
- Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
- Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy’s inclusive culture.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence, and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, then get in touch.
- Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell 2 holiday days
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Above market rate contributory pension scheme
- Other benefits if applicable
- Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc