Graduate Sustainability Advisor Peterborough 2024
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2024 and beyond we are searching for a Graduate Sustainability Advisor to join our Professional Development Programme for our autumn 2024 intake, based in Peterborough for our @one Alliance.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
What will you be doing as our new Graduate Sustainability Advisor?
This role will help drive the wider sustainability agenda forward so that the @one Alliance continues to push the boundaries when it comes to reducing carbon and cost and ensuring we are supporting Anglian Water to deliver their Net Zero and sustainability commitments.
We’ll look to you to develop positive and proactive working relationships with project teams to become one of the ‘go to’ individuals for sustainability knowledge to help project teams to deliver on @one’s targets. If this sounds like something you could do, then why not apply today?
- Support project teams to: Understand and assess the Six Capitals impacts of their projects, develop robust carbon and Six Capital analysis of their projects, identify and help implement carbon reduction opportunities, identify and maximise the Six Capitals benefits of their projects.
- Attend project meetings to ensure that Carbon & Sustainability has a ‘voice at the table’.
- With support from the wider Innovation & Carbon Team, be responsible for developing your own knowledge of sustainability and carbon issues affecting the water and wider construction sectors.
- Be an active member of the Carbon Champions Group; supporting the Carbon and Sustainability team to create the agenda, follow up on actions, ensure the champions are engaged outside of the meetings.
- Ensure the Carbon and Sustainability Lighthouse (Intranet) page is up to date with relevant information and tools our teams need to support the delivery of low carbon, sustainable solutions.
- Work with relevant teams to capture case studies of projects to demonstrate exemplary sustainable delivery and benefits.
- Support the delivery of effective and engaging carbon and sustainability training across our teams.
- Take an active role in organising and delivering carbon and sustainability related events such Sustainability Week.
- Support the ongoing development of Carbon models to help demonstrate improvements in design and delivery.
- Use existing and new sources of Sustainability data to generate insight into projects and the overall programme.
- Use data effectively to create engaging material for stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Work with others, both internally and externally, to develop better datasets that give more programme insight.
What MWH offer
Along with of structured learning and development throughout your graduate scheme and beyond, MWH also offer a variety of benefits, such as;
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Gym memberships
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme - free mental health support, financial advice
- And many more benefits including Sports and Social club membership
A little bit about your skills, experience, and behaviours….
To join us on this great career- launching opportunity, you’ll have completed, or due to complete, a degree in a scientific or engineering discipline and have some experience in sustainability management and understanding of relevant industry standards such as PAS2080 and directives and how we need to apply them. With passion for sustainability and challenging the norm, you’ll be personable, approachable, and enthusiastic as you look to learn and understand the key challenges facing the water industry. You’ll be resilient, adaptable, and experienced at taking personable responsibility for continually improving your knowledge in emergent technologies!
- Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices and sites. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential, and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
- You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or have the ability to make their own way to our sites and offices.
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace.