Risk Internship 2021
Over the course of this eight-week summer internship, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £21,500 pro rata, depending on your location.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
About the business area
In Risk, our role is to make sure we’re doing the right thing as an organisation, for our people and our customers. Risk management allows for a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It’s our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice and challenge to the colleagues who serve our customers.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
- To be eligible for our Risk internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking out for people who show a genuine interest in the world of finance, enjoy thinking strategically and have strong analytical skills
- You’re inquisitive and analytical, and you aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the table