Risk Placement London 2022
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To join our 12 month Risk internship, you’ll need to be a penultimate year student, and on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people who show a genuine interest in the world of finance, enjoy thinking strategically and have strong analytical skills
- You’ll have an inquisitive and analytical mind-set, and the ability to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the table
- We encourage applications from a diverse range of degree disciplines including arts, legal, STEM, quantitative or other fields
- You must be available for the full 12 months of the internship, and this programme would suit students looking for a one-year industry placement as part of their degree
About the programme
Over the course of your 12 month placement, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, while you gain valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
As an Intern, you’ll be assigned to a range of different Risk teams, where you’ll learn a mix of practical knowledge and technical skills.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £23,650.
During your 12 months, you can expect to:
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Get involved with some exciting project work and learn about the models and practices we use for managing risk throughout our business
- Attend training workshops and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
About the business area
In Risk, our role is to make sure we’re doing the right thing as an organisation, for our people and our customers. Risk management allows for a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It’s our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy, and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice and challenge to the colleagues who serve our customers.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.