Management Accounting Finance Placement 2021
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance are offering a 1 year paid Internship to a Placement student with a desire to follow a career in accounting. Training and support will be given and you will gain a broad knowledge of a European Finance department. The aim of this placement to support the Financial Planning & Analysis Team in the preparation of financial and management month end accounts, forecasts & budgets, particularly assisting with the distributor channel.
This Placement opportunity is for 1 year with a start date of Monday 7th June 2021.
Month End Financial & Management Accounting
- Working alongside Management Accounts to post finance journals as required
- Monthly production of tracking documents to be used by Management Accountants/Marketing Leads for forecasting/actuals analysis
- Production of reports relating to Distributor actuals/forecasts for use by Management Accountants/Distributor Managers
Forecast & Budgeting
- Input of distributor actuals/forecasts monthly in to reporting system
- Collation of distributor actual and forecast templates
Pricing & Standard Costs
- Calculation & upload of intercompany price lists
- Calculation, upload and maintenance of all standard costs in
- Checking order books for correct standard costing information
- Assisting UK Wholesale & Key Accounts Management Accountant’s in pricing clearance deals
- Studying towards a Bachelors degree in a relevant subject: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business
- Accounting knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel: ability to use Vlookups/Pivots/Complex Formulae is an advantage
- Microsoft Powerpoint skills are advantageous
- High level of attention to detail
- Investigative skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time organisation skills
- Team player
- Continuous Improvement mindset
Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.