Treasury Finance Graduate Internship 2021
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance are offering a 1 year paid Internship to a Graduate with a desire to follow a career in accounting. You will gain a broad knowledge of a European Finance department and be fully competent in treasury tasks with training and support.
This Graduate opportunity is for 1 year with a start date of Monday 7th June 2021.
- Daily Tasks include:
- Download bank statement information to the finance department, understanding the transactions and being the go to person in the department for any payment queries
- Post transactions into the accounting systems, understanding the accounting of them
- Produce complex multicurrency bank reconciliations, for all entities in the EMEA
- Raise payments on HSBCNet, ACH, SEPA, Priority and Transfers for a multitude of different payment requirements
- Provide payment information to any finance team members as required
- Owning the process of reconciling the retail sales to bankings in the control accounts, investigating discrepancies and resolving them
- Being the sales audit go to person for the stores retail system in relation to cash discrepancies
- Month end close work for the treasury department
- Provide ad hoc support to the members of the treasury department as required to ensure smooth running of their day to day activities
- Treasury administrative duties
- Broad knowledge of a European Finance department
- Bachelors degree qualified in a relevant subject: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business
- Accounting knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel: ability to use Vlookups/Pivots/Complex Formulae is an advantage
- High level of attention to detail
- Investigative skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think fast and work in a high paced environment
- Team player
- Continuous Improvement mindset
Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.