Football Product Intern Placement 2021
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance are offering a 1 year paid Internship to a Placement student with a passion for Football, Analytics and Project Management. Training and support will be given and you will gain a broad knowledge of a global business.
The role will provide tactical category support and insight across the footwear, apparel, equipment & accessories functions through comprehensive insight and support that enable delivery of world class football footwear and apparel propositions.
This Placement opportunity is for 1 year with a start date of 1st July 2021.
- Working closely with the Design team, support the creation & publication of collateral at each Global gate/touchpoint (VLR, GTM, KAP, Pre-Line)
- Utilising Design software to develop new ways in illustrating & communicating product appearance, benefit & technologies
- Partnering with Development counterparts throughout stage gate reviews to gain engineering insights that can be used to support collateral impact
- Software based management of Product information pages that provide customer-right category data
- Coordination of Photography requirements between NB/3rd Party functions to ensure sample timing & deliver is in-line with key stage gate requirement
Testing & Validation
- Support the Development Team in the testing and validation of all seasonal silo/apparel creation to ensure appropriate measures are taken to minimize risk, demonstrate actions and provide quality assurance
- Seeking opportunities to align Development T&V approach strategies across Apparel, Footwear, E&A functions
- Management of sample distribution and retrieval across the T&V candidates
- Support the capture & documentation of T&V findings + subsequent communication
- Liaison with US based T&V counterparts
- Support the Consumer | Competitor | Customer Insight gathering, interpretation & communication:
- Coordination and facilitation of consumer & fan focus group activity.
- Mining & interpretation of Competitor launches, events & relative impact.
- Marketplace price positioning & architecture research to ensure relevance & impact of the NB assortments.
- Athlete & Club asset research to support and inform both acquisition & servicing strategies.
- Communication & management of the Global sample functions/systems to ensure both GBU requirements & internal customers are serviced in-line with each Global gate/touchpoint
- Implementation & management of stage gate samples to ensure rotation, availability, and security throughout the seasonal calendar
- Management of club related sample circulation, retrieval, and tracking
- Manage/Support in GBU staff sale initiatives
Data System Management
- Support the Category Product Management team in ensuring Product data systems reflect real-time relevance and accuracy
- Coordinate the multi seasonal calendars to ensure data updates are managed and communicated to the relevant stakeholders
- Studying towards a Bachelors degree in a relevant subject, for example Sports Management or Sports Technology
- Strong passion for football and the football industry with proven interest in the sport
- An interest in Analytics with any experience being desirable
- Familiar with Adobe suite software (or other creative suites) is preferred
- High level of attention to detail
- Problem solving mindset
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to cope in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills, including comfortable presenting to an audience
- Results driven - follows through to conclusion on all projects/commitments
- Team player
- Some travel may be required
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.