MSc Computer Science (Software Development)
Designed to prepare students for a variety of careers in computer science, the MSc Computer Science programme combines both computing and important application domains, enabling you to increase your broad-based knowledge in the field while focusing on one of a range of curricular specialisations. The degree is taught at the College’s central London campus, through a hybrid teaching methodology.
This programme will combine both computing and application domains, enabling students to increase broad-knowledge in the field, whilst focusing on wide range of disciplines including mobile application development, algorithms, web development and artificial intelligence. This MSc Computer Science will enable you to:
- Exhibit proficiency in the design, implementation and testing of software
- Demonstrate skills and experience working in small teams
- Apply algorithmic and theoretical computer-science principles to solve computing problems from a variety of application areas
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and develop competencies in specialized or emerging computer science fields
The MSc Computer Science programme at New College of the Humanities is based on the established Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) programme offered by the Khoury College of Computer Sciences at the College’s partner institution, Northeastern University.
The College’s MSc Computer Science is a 180-credit programme.
The Masters programme can be taken part-time over two years. Part-time students attend the same classes as their full-time colleagues, taking 50% of the course load each academic year.
Our Masters programmes are demanding and we advise students that, if they intend to work alongside the course, their work should be flexible in nature. However, we will work with students, where possible taking into account their individual circumstances and need, to be flexible with our provisions.
Graduates of the US programme have found success in a wide range of careers, including:
- Software Development Engineer at Amazon
- Consultant at Deloitte
- Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Full Stack Developer at Cartera Commerce, Inc.