The New Entrepreneurs Foundation (NEF) runs the UK's leading entrepreneurship development programme; designed to equip future entrepreneurs with the skills, experience and community they need to thrive.
The programme will start in September 2018 and you'll graduate as the Class of 2019.
Each year, we select around 50 aspiring entrepreneurs to join NEF on an intensive 12 month learning programme that encompasses 5 key elements:
- A paid year-long work placement:You will be match-made to a placement at an exciting, innovative, high-growth company based in London so you can learn hands on
- An intensive learning programme: NEF have teamed up with top business schools and learning providers to provide a unique learning programme. This includes 25 days of seminars and workshops designed to equip you with the essential skills and confidence to put your entrepreneurial drive into action
- Monthly speaker and networking events: You will have access to curated events providing ample opportunity for you to connect with other aspiring entrepreneurs, industry experts and established investors
- Expert personal coaching: Participants are linked with a personal Executive Coach who will be there to support your growth and development throughout the year
- Leading business mentors:Participants are also linked to a Business Mentor in order to to help you conceptualize, launch and build your own venture
Applications for the Class of 2019 are now open. Fuel your entrepreneurial aspirations and let this be the year you do something truly remarkable.
What's stopping you?
You may or may not see yourself as an “entrepreneur”, but if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you:
- You like creating and building things
- You can get comfortable with uncertainty
- You are good at solving problems
- You like talking to people and discovering what problems they’re having
- You can find ways of monetising solutions
- You are resilient
- You like being your own boss
- You are confident but have the humility to learn and love doing so
- You have leadership experience and work well in teams
- You have set up your own money-making venture or you have developed an existing one
Participants are payed a minimum salary of £23,000 pro rata. Salaries are subject to negotiation, and depend on the candidate's level of prior experience.
Key benefits of the NEF programme include:
- Incredible opportunities to network with up-and-coming and established entrepreneurs at regular NEF events
- One on one relationships with an Executive Coach to support you during your journey
- Direct support from Business Mentors, who typically tend to be business leaders and investors who have started and managed multiple ventures
- Become a life-long member of the New Entrepreneurs Foundation network; the perfect platform from which to launch your own business
Our application process is designed to give you a taste of what being on the programme will be like. There are 5 stages to the selection process as follows:
- Online application
- Video submission
- Question submission (3 brief questions about entrepreneurship)
- A telephone interview with a NEF alumnus
- A Selection Day, including a panel interview
You'll know within 7 working days whether you've been successful at the first four stages (application, submissions and telephone interview). You'll know the outcome of the Selection Day within 5 working days.
Please note that offers will be made on a rolling basis, so the sooner you complete your application and the various stages of the process, the more likely you are to secure a place on one of the Selection Days.