Industrial Placement Developer Leicester 2022
You know Next. You know our Stores. You know our Website. You even know our App. BUT do you know Next Technology? We have over 1,000, that's right ONE THOUSAND talented people that work within our Technology teams, making it our largest Head Office function.
Whether it's browsing the Website or App, processing a transaction, checking stock in a Store or delivering and fulfilling orders via our state of the art Warehouses and so much more, Technology underpins everything we do and it plays a pivotal part in the success of Next.
We don't stand still, Next Technology innovates to create, adapt, deliver and support brilliant retail solutions.
In your Placement year with Next Technology, you will be supported, nurtured and provided with the tools to aid both your professional and personal development and if all goes well, you’ll leave with an offer to return once you complete your degree.
About the teams
Responsible for transforming vast amounts of business data into meaningful information that the business relies upon.
HR & Finance Systems
Use a variety of platforms and applications to take care of the details of over 39,000 employees.
Look after the front and back end of the website and house one of the largest Test Teams in the country!
Ensure all of the technology we use instore is top notch – this includes the tills and PC’s but also hand held devices for stock replenishment and new features for customers.
Play a big part as everything that’s for sale in stores and online starts its life here!
Directory & Contact Centre Systems
Develop and supports the systems that handle millions of pounds worth of transactions every day.
Keep the business and customers safe on a daily basis, playing a pivotal role in our stability and success
About the role
- Be involved in the full lifecycle development including (analysis, design, deployment etc)
- Provide analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms, translating business requirements into code
- Develop new concepts, testing, deploying and supporting the multitude of applications used by our business
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues
- Have the flexibility to provide additional support when required by project work, key events, peak periods etc.
- On target to achieve a 2:1 or 1st Class Degree in a STEM course
- Be self motivated and have the desire to learn
- Flexible and be able to support an ever changing environment
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery