ISD Placement 2022
We build and secure technology solutions, partnering closely with the business to deliver leading edge software products to support critical operations. We have three distinct roles within Information Systems- Business Technology, Software Engineering and Cyber Security.
About the Role
In a Placement role you will be part of a team that is contributing towards developing and enhancing secure systems used across our Manufacturing Plants, Regional Sales Units and Dealerships. With new challenges and opportunities coming thick and fast from a wide range of business areas, working for us will provide insight and exposure to various professional avenues whilst interacting with different cultures.
Diversity is key, as most departments work cross functionally with Alliance Partners around the world. There are a range of different roles in Information Systems, these roles support the operational run the business activities and projects to support with key business initiatives.
- Software Engineering- you will be part of a team that is responsible for the development and enhancement of systems used across our manufacturing plants in Sunderland, Barcelona, St. Petersburg and Johannesburg as well as regional sales units and dealerships.
- Business Technology- you will be responsible for managing the delivery of business solutions or supporting and delivering the infrastructure and services which underpin our systems used across the business domain.
- Cyber Security- you will be tasked with protecting and securing Nissan systems and data within the European, Middle East and Asia regions. Your main role will be to assess and manage information security risks across the business. You will support in identifying solutions to mitigate potential vulnerabilities and threats on a regional and global scale.
Our placement scheme offers a safe, sociable working environment with all the help and support needed, to allow a smooth transition. You will support analysis of business needs and contribute to determining appropriate technology options, whilst maintaining the highest level of quality.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliverable Management - Exposure to project management techniques to ensure quality, cost and time constraints remain a priority at all times. Agility & nimbleness is key and applying quality assurance to all aspects of delivery
- Run the business activities to support with a wide range of operations
- Collaboration with colleagues across all IS/IT teams including software development, infrastructure, cyber security and enterprise integration
- Development experience creating, enhancing and securing systems
- Project Management Techniques – Agile & Waterfall
What you’ll need
- Must be studying a degree in a Business, Computing, Technology or Security related discipline
- Are able to partake in a 13 month placement as part of your course
- Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation
- An understanding of Project Management techniques
- An understanding of secure design and cyber-safety
- An understanding of modern systems delivery including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches
- Experience using different Operating Systems
- Pragmatic problem solving approach, with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
- Strong communication skills enabling the ability to work in a cross functional and diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- Flexibility to travel – this may be required depending upon demands
- Competitive salary starting from £18k
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Fitness centre
- Potential paid overtime and time in lieu and travel opportunities (dependent on role)