Product Economic Control Graduate Cranfield 2024
PEC and CO’s core role within Nissan is to control the vehicle lifecycle cost. These control processes allow the business the opportunity to maximise profit. Our mission is to develop and maintain a world class Cost Management capability for Nissan to allow our business to continue to grow globally.
To use, improve and develop reporting tools and systems. This will support the Cost Managers who are aiming to monitor, control and challenge full vehicle cost during development to achieve profit report timing before start of production.
After production, track and validate Vehicle Cost Performance and challenge any variances. Candidates will gain valuable knowledge of how Nissan functions and increase their awareness of the automotive industry.
Tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate join our Vehicle Cost Management (VCM) Team: This role will cover both pre and post production processes. Examples of key responsibilities include:
- Work with many business areas including, Project Management, Chief Vehicle Engineer, Program Directors, Profit team, Purchase and many more
- You will be able to gather, process, analyse, and evaluate the most efficient method to show the current budget position for our pre-production products
- Support the Cost Manager to build Milestone Cost Reports to support the Profit Calculation, for vehicles of all specifications & destinations
- Deliver & Report against Global Cost KPIs (Key Performance Indicator)
- Ad hoc report creation where requested by the business
- Opportunity to review current workflows and positively impact working processes
Within VCM we have a strong Team ethic and are looking for a Team player to experience, interact and enjoy their time at Nissan by gaining valuable knowledge as well as inspiring and adding value within the team.
Whilst you will be expected to have full responsibility for tasks given there is also the support of everyone in the department.
Education & qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor degree qualification within the Business/Finance/Economics/Maths/Engineering
- Competent with MS Office, Expert Excel user (familiar with VLOOKUP/SUMIF/Pivot tables)
What you’ll need to be successful
- Experience within the Business/Finance/Economics/Maths/Engineering industry would be an advantage
- A team player with a proactive attitude
- Must have strong numerical skills, with ability to analyse data and present findings in a transparent and concise manner
- Strong advanced Excel skills and Microsoft Access/Tableau would be an advantage
- Should have a challenging mind set
- Be comfortable prioritising tasks and working within deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Fluent English, verbal, and written communication skills
Working at Nissan Technical Centre Europe
- Based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0DB
- Hybrid Working Policy 3 days onsite / 2 days WFH
- Half day Friday
- Free on-site parking when you are on site
- Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
- On-site gym
- Subsidised canteen and free fruit
- Car lease and purchase schemes
- Salary starting at £33,904 with performance related pay increased over 2 years!
All of us at Nissan - regardless of functional area or expertise - share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles.
Nissan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly believe in and promote Diversity and Inclusion and will be thrilled to welcome diverse candidates from various backgrounds to join our Team of professionals. Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law.