Chemical Engineering Graduate Scheme 2022
One Programme, Two Years, Three Secondments, Endless Opportunities
nucleargraduates is on a mission to create a diverse pipeline of future talent for the nuclear industry.
Whether your passion lies within science, engineering or business, the nucleargraduates programme will ensure that during your two years with us, you will gain an invaluable insight into the nuclear sector, taking on challenges and having the opportunity to make a real difference.
Upon completion of the two-year programme you will take up a substantive role within your sponsoring organisation. The sponsoring organisation for this opportunity is Rolls-Royce.
The Sponsoring Organisation
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver clean, safe and competitive solutions that meet the planet’s vital power needs today an into the future. Their purpose is to use that power to connect, power and protect society, and as an organisation are determined to use their position as a global power group to play a role in creating a resilient, inclusive, net zero carbon future. Rolls Royce has significant scale in naval and is the technical authority for through-life support of the nuclear power plant for the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.
The Role of a Chemical Engineer
The nuclear industry can offer the successful candidate a wide range of opportunities. You can expect to be involved with:
- The development of fit for purpose engineering solutions
- Supporting waste retrieval and encapsulation projects.
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams supporting design concepts and the production of design level documentation and safety cases
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders such as the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, regulators and local stakeholders
nucleargraduates is a vibrant, industry led graduate development programme featuring
- Opportunities to collaborate with leading experts across a diverse industry on projects that have real impact
- Three secondments across the nuclear sector (with the possibility of an international secondment) providing opportunities to explore a range of careers across the industry
- Technical knowledge and professional development opportunities structured against the requirements of the relevant institutes or professional bodies
- A corporate social responsibility programme which will include sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with the next generation of industry professionals
- Behavioural skills development opportunities
The nucleargraduates programme gives you
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programmes and with your secondments
- Access to the alumni graduate community enabling you to learn from other experiences and community of practice. A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your nucleargraduates journey
- Opportunities to develop entrepreneurial skills
- Allocated budgets to assist you with training, resources, and conferences as well as travel & subsistence
- A competitive graduate starting salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Contributory pension scheme
- Wellbeing and support services
And in return you will give the nucleargraduates programme
- Your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills to inspire the generation and contribute to the future of our industry
- Creativity and collaboration
- Drive and determination
- Willingness to get involved and try new things
- Resilience – we don’t expect you to be an expert from day one
- Integrity, being impartial, ethical and safe in everything you do
- Positivity and commitment to the mission, purpose and values of the nuclear sector
- Respect for others
Start date: September / October 2022
Minimum Eligibility Requirement
- A minimum of a 2:2 in in Chemical Engineering, achieved within the last 5 years
- Have the full right to work in the UK (please note we are unable to sponsor visas or accept those with a Graduate visa as candidates will be unable complete the full duration of the programme
Location - Midlands
Security Requirements - Candidates will be subject to Office of Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) Clearance Checks.
Salary - competitive graduate starting salary
Travel Details - Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate to complete secondments and training whilst on the nucleargraduates programme.
Candidates must complete the online application form by clicking “Apply Now”. Successful applicants will then be invited to complete an online Situational Strengths Assessment and a video interview followed by a one-day virtual assessment centre that will assess candidates across a range of competencies. After the selection process has been completed successful candidates will be made a formal offer on to the nucleargraduates programme.