Finance Assistant London 2024
Founded in 2018, we’ve already grown to be a 200+ team distributed across the globe united by a singular mission: empowering people to take control of their health.
Numan is transforming health: we’ve built a cutting-edge platform that integrates diagnostics, medication, supplements, digital programmes, and doctor consultations. Giving people the tools they need to shake off inertia, seize control of their health, and make the most of it.
Backed by top-tier investors, Numan is already having a positive impact on hundreds of thousands of patients here in the UK.
We want you to be part of it.
The Finance Assistant will play a key role in supporting the team to deliver on key activities including working closely with the Finance Manager and Head of Finance, playing a key part in building out a best in class finance team.
You'll be implementing day to day finance processes as the business continues to grow as well as ensuring a timely management of all day to day accounting across the business whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
What you'll do
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts, including but not limited to the forming and posting of month end journals and analysing key overhead movements
- Manage the Finance Email Inbox for invoices, supplier statements, queries.
- Day to day invoice processing and managing weekly pay runs
- Process and submission of monthly VAT returns through Xero
- Assisting with accurate processing of staff expenses in line with the company’s expense policy, in a timely manner.
- Assistance with all audits where necessary
- Perform bank reconciliations
We’re looking for someone who
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help grow a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have an analytical mind with a can-do, problem solving aptitude.
- You are eager to learn in a high growth environment. - you will thrive if you are a self-motivated, fast-paced, action oriented, “roll your sleeves up and get-things-done” sort of person who wants to work in a small team where everyone makes a difference.
- You are calm under pressure, can handle changing priorities and are an excellent communicator.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Motivated to build a career in finance.
It’s a bonus if you have
- Experience using Xero accounting software
- Share options.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (increasing to 30 the longer you stay with Numan).
- Private healthcare provided by Health Shield (including a cash plan and 24/7 GP access).
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave.
- Employee assistance programme (access to therapy, financial planning and discounts).
- Generous pension (includes both employee and employer contributions).
- Flexible working options, including a dog friendly office in Farringdon.
- Personal training and development budget via Learnerbly.
- Gympass membership, giving you access to over 2,000 locations in the UK.
- Free office snacks including breakfast items, soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- Discount to Numan products for your friends and family.
- Paid volunteering days.
- An additional 2 weeks off once you reach your 5th anniversary with Numan.
Diversity at Numan
At Numan, people are at the heart of who we are. We recognise and value the unique perspectives and experiences that individuals from all backgrounds bring.
We promote innovation and creativity, enabling us to tackle things from various viewpoints and are committed to equal opportunities and continuously strive to create a workplace where everyone feels respected, heard, and valued.
Embracing diversity isn't just our goal; it's our strength, driving us towards a more inclusive future.