Engineering operations are responsible for all maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of the AMHE used across all our customer fulfilment centres. For the first time we are opening our doors to a graduate programme based in our Andover CFC where we have installed Ocado’s own unique automated solutions. The programme will cover aspects of “applied” engineering to AMHE environment.
Some of your responsibilities could include:
- Setting up analytical analysis processes using SPC and Six sigma approach to preventative maintenance systems.
- Engaging with engineering teams on Root Cause Analysis and solutions
- Technical auditing for good quality maintenance
- Managing improvements on specific automated MHE.
- Harnessing and controlling feedback from shift teams to create a continuous improvement environment
- Setting up “LEAN” initiatives similar to 5S and TQM.
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Increasing machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnosing equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Analysing data and finding solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- Engineering bachelor degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics/Automation. 2:2 level or higher.
- Strong interest in applied engineering
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
- Must be flexible to work shift patterns, including days, nights and weekends
- Highly motivated and proactive team player
- Self-sufficient and confident at putting ideas forward
- Adept at planning and organising yourself to meet tight deadlines
- Pension, 15 % Staff discount, Life assurance (3 x basic annual salary), AXA PPP Healthcare, + many more.