Ofcom is at the cutting edge of modern communications - from broadcasting on TV and radio, to telecoms and how we communicate with each other, to new wireless technologies. Our graduates play a key role in all of these areas. Join us, and you can get involved from the start.
On the graduate scheme, you will embark on a two-year series of intensive job placements, moving regularly between projects and departments to ensure that the knowledge and insight you are exposed to is as broad as possible. So, one week you might be devising new policy directives; the next, monitoring content standards. On successful completion of the two-year scheme you will make the transition into a permanent role in one of the business areas relevant to your chosen pathway.
The Technology Group is key to many Ofcom policy decisions and some areas of focus are the evolution of technologies, emerging trends and the security of communication networks and services. The communications sector relies greatly on technological innovation. It’s therefore important Ofcom maintains a broad understanding of a wide range of technologies as well as in depth knowledge on particular issues and their impact on consumer.
As a cyber security graduate in the Technology group, you will have the opportunity to work in the network security and resilience programme team, which includes cyber security. The objective of this programme is to ensure that adequate management of security risks and appropriate levels of resilience are being achieved by the industry (for example, communication providers and operators of essential services), to enable a reduction in consumer harm.
You will have the opportunity to learn about how Ofcom ensures it’s regulated stakeholders have appropriate security measures in place and comply to various legislative requirements. You will also have the opportunity to work in Ofcom’s ICT department learning about how technical security is managed in an organisation.
These learning opportunities will enable you to begin to assimilate Cyber Security as a career.
The Cyber security role at Ofcom could be perfect for you if you're looking for the following in a grad scheme:
- The opportunity to put your degree into practice, with a chance to apply your skills
- Continuing to learn in a supportive environment, from colleagues with backgrounds in other disciplines such as researchers, analysts, economists, lawyers and policy specialists and technical experts
- Making a difference for millions of people
- Starting a rewarding career in an increasingly important and dynamic sector for the UK economy?
At Ofcom, we're looking for:
- A degree in Cyber Security, preferably from a university with degrees certified by NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre). Or a related Computer Science degree
- Ambitious and passionate individuals who live by our values of: Excellence, Collaboration, Agility, and Empowerment
Ofcom offers a number of benefits to employees including:
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Pension allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Annual health check
- Income protection insurance
The application process consists of three stages:
- Online application
- Video interview
- Assessment centre