Data & Analytics Entry Level Analyst 2021
Data and Analytics is a specialist business unit within Oliver Wyman, set up in 2017 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and has since expanded to Milan and Berlin. We are a dynamic, fast-growing team of quantitative analytics specialists. We work closely with our colleagues across Oliver Wyman to cover a global footprint: Working across multiple industries including but not limited to Financial Services, Insurance, Retail and Transportation.
Clients hire us for our depth of insight and expertise; expertise that comes from specialisation. We combine analytical rigour with a relentless focus on client impact.
The Newcastle team has grown to 30 people, with a mixture of quantitative expertise ranging from Analysts to Directors. We are looking for Entry Level Graduates looking to pursue a career in quantitative analytics. Working with us offers excellent career and growth opportunities for highly motivated individuals with relevant education in a quantitative subject.
We are passionate about developing our people and support your progression to Partner. We are looking for candidates who are excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment, focused on delivering impact.
This position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals. Initial responsibilities will include:
Managing the execution of individual project workstreams. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality execution
- The opportunity to obtain the training and guidance of a blue-chip consulting firm, while at the same time being part of an ambitious startup
- Flexible working and market leading work life balance will be a priority.
- There will be opportunities to travel with a mix of around 50% of time spent on client site vs off site, though individual needs will be considered when staffing offsite vs onsite roles.
- Our Team will be offered in depth training, above and beyond what is typical for an Oliver Wyman consultant.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Ideally Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or, Engineering with strong quantitative application
- Strong analysis, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team.
- Be independent and work under limited supervision respecting defined timelines.
- Be able to find innovative, practical and flexible solutions to business issues.
- Present effectively results, potential issues and implications.
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage a heavy work volume and meet deadlines in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality
- Willingness to travel occasionally