Junior Project Manager 2021
As a Junior Project Manager, you will mainly be responsible for (but not limited to) the duties described in this job description.
Job Purpose & Context
This role exists to;
- Coordinate and report on Customer Project Management activities, and
- Support the development and implementation of Project Processes
in order to drive timely and cost-effective project delivery to achieve the Company Strategic objectives, from Innovation through to business as usual (BAU).
- Support Project Managers in coordinating the organisation and delivery of projects;
- To budget, on time and to specified quality standards;
- usually with teams within a department
in order to deliver successful projects, that will feed into the company Programme portfolio
- Developing and maintaining relationships across the business to promote and facilitate highly effective cross departmental communication and coordination
- Supporting the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of project and business process documentation within the Customer Delivery team
- Administration and utilisation of the Project Management Software to plan, maintain and report on projects
- Administration and utilisation of key logs (e.g. risks and issues), schedules and documentation across projects.
- Preparation of presentation materials and training on project related processes
- Ongoing identification of opportunities for improvement in project processes.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- Colleagues within the Customer Delivery team – including Project Managers, Technical Engagement Managers & Head of Global Customer Delivery
- Account Managers & Sales/Commercial
- Product Integration, Innovation & Engineering
- Customer Support, NPI & Quality
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Finance
- P2i Executive and Senior Leadership Team
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
- Educated to A-Level Standard
- Project management training/experience
- Educated to degree level
- Technical/Scientific background
- Prince2 practitioner or similar
Skills & Experience
- Fully conversant with MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Able to work and deliver to deadlines
- Previous experience working in a Programme or Project Office
- Common sense/well grounded.
- Maintains high ethical and professional standards.
- Demonstrates inclusive behaviours.
- Organised and efficient.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Ability to cope under pressure/resilience.
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures including Information Security protocol.
- Organisational awareness and commitment.
- Customer awareness.
Generic Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety
- Take reasonable care not to put other people - fellow employees and members of the public - at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work
- Co-operate with the Company, making sure you get proper training and you understand and follow the company's health and safety policies
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that's been provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job
- Tell your employer if something happens that might affect your ability to work (e.g. becoming pregnant or suffering an injury)
- If you drive or operate machinery, to tell your employer if you take medication that makes you drowsy - they should temporarily move you to another job if they have one for you to do.
This job description should be regarded only as guidance to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the job holder.