Graduate Electronics Engineer 2021
Great opportunity for a talented, newly qualified Electronics Engineer who is interested in building a career in a consulting environment.
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
We are looking for a graduate Electronics Engineer to join our growing team at our technology centre in Melbourn, Herts.
The role will involve working closely with your colleagues and our clients on a wide range of assignments. You will be an important part of developing creative technical solutions for break-out products and manufacturing processes, contributing your expertise in electronic engineering. Your role may range from creating a novel wireless connected product, developing a high performance data processor to designing an innovative medical device. Our clients need us to work at the cutting edge and you will be ready to help.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be a graduate engineer with a degree in electronics (or related subject), with a strong academic background and ideally some exposure to industry via projects or internships.
You should have a knowledge and an interest across one or more of these areas:
- Electronic circuit design principles.
- Digital electronics - DSP, FPGA
- Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and embedded hardware design.
- Embedded software development in C
- Power electronics and switch mode power supply design.
- Radio frequency electronics / communication systems
- Product design experience desirable
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a diverse range of industry sectors coupled with the ability to innovate and think freely.
- Team player that enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- Effective communicator with an ability to explain ideas and concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Degree qualified – minimum 2:1 (Electronic Engineering or related subject)
This is a great chance to use your knowledge of electronics engineering across a wide range of industry sectors and problem spaces.
The start date for this role will be September 2021.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.