At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Product Reliability Engineers are part of Palantir’s Product Support Organization. As experts in the architecture, tooling and operations of Palantir’s platforms, we ensure that Palantir’s mission-critical products are available to our customers 24/7/365. We provide direct developer and user support to Palantir engineers and customers as they scope, deploy, manage, and extend our platforms to solve challenging data problems.
When something goes wrong, we are the first to respond. We know what to do — and if we don't, we figure it out. As a Product Reliability Engineer, you’ll need to be resourceful, analytical, and agile. Every day is different as Palantir’s products, and our customer’s problems, are constantly evolving. Collaboration — with customers, developers, and business teams — is essential to resolving the most difficult and nebulous technical issues. You'll apply creativity and deep technical knowledge to convert what you know, and what you learn, into a better software product.
To maintain our agility, when you’re not focused on the product, you’ll build and maintain the infrastructure critical to connecting those with questions or problems with those who should help. Working closely with our engineering and business teams, you will help with the deployment lifecycle of our products. This might include ensuring that product health is monitored through metrics, building and tuning automated alerts to proactively identify product issues, and developing and documenting strategies for responding to incidents.
- Become a Palantir Product Expert.
- Collaborate with the Forward Deployed Engineering and Product teams in the development and design of creative and reliable solutions for our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve issues encountered in the field.
- Provide education and guidance on configuring and working with Palantir products to prevent issues before they occur.
- Contribute to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements.
- Coordinate and manage customer contact for critical product issues.
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rotation to address mission-critical incidents.
What we value
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Math, Statistics, Physics, Data Science or equivalent experience.
- Awesome problem solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving environment with dynamic objectives.
- Ability to think creatively and define product and customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with distributed computing systems and/or cloud infrastructures a plus (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, YARN, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.).
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed.