Software Engineer Graduate Programme
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Software Engineers at Palantir build software at scale to transform how organizations around the world use data. As a Software Engineer, you'll contribute high-quality code to Palantir Gotham or Palantir Foundry: products that are deployed at the most important institutions across the public and private sectors. You'll build features used by research scientists, aerospace engineers, intelligence analysts, and economic forecasters, in countries around the world.
Palantir's Product Development organization is made up of small teams of Software Engineers, each focusing on a specific aspect of a product. For example, you might be part of a team that builds a Foundry front-end application, or a component of the Gotham release infrastructure. We encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
Software Engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping. As a Software Engineer, you'll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that solve them. We think the best way to understand what our users need is to meet them, so occasionally you'll tour the assembly line at an auto manufacturer or join a counter-terror analyst at their desk to really understand their mission and their pain points.
SWE principles include:
- Dedication - We see projects through from beginning to end in spite of obstacles we may encounter.
- Collaboration - We work internally with people from a variety of backgrounds — such as other Product Managers, Designers and Product Reliability Engineers. We also partners with our business development teams (Forward Deployed Engineers, Deployment Strategists) in order to understand and solve our customers' problems.
- Trust - We trust each other to effectively manage time and priorities, and don't micromanage. We want to give people the space to think for themselves.
Technologies We Use
It doesn’t matter what languages you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code and learn new languages quickly. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Alongside peers who bring diverse experience — startup founders, industry veterans, university TAs, and more — you'll build your skillset to apply the best technology to solve a given problem. Right now, we use:
- A variety of languages, including Java and Go for back end and Typescript for front end
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated resume / CV
- Thoughtful responses to our application questions