Marketing Internship Programme 2022
At PayPal, we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day.
We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
The UK Marketing team is responsible for customer acquisition and customer engagement across the second largest market globally for PayPal. This role reports to the Head of Consumer Segment & Credit Marketing. This role also collaborates with and interfaces with our broader Marketing teams within Europe and globally.
Our University Placement Program is for students in their penultimate year of their Undergraduate degree looking for a year in industry.
The placement internship will start in July 2022 and will be located in our London office.
You will own projects in 4 areas:
- Support the team in launching key seasonal and product-related campaigns, developing creative assets for owned and paid channels, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Drive customer lifetime value by running cross-sell campaigns for our Credit and Crypto products, in collaboration with the global credit marketing teams, Credit business unit, Blockchain & Crypto business unit and the local team.
- Develop communications for compliance related projects, making these a competitive advantage.
- Manage the UK customer contact strategy to guidelines, working with teams to schedule and reschedule campaigns as appropriate.
- Passion for digital marketing techniques and interest in customer behavior.
- Very organized and strong attention to detail.
- Interested in quantitative (data-driven) and qualitative customer insights
- Autonomous, coming with own proposals and initiatives.
- Collaborative, eager to work in an international environment and across multiple teams.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, eagerness to take responsibility, sense of humor.
- Action-oriented personality with strong work ethic
- Fluency in English.
- Studying a Marketing or related degree
- Currently enrolled in a sandwich degree at a UK University that requires a year in industry internship as part of the course.
- Available to start on a 12-month full time basis from July 2022
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.