User Experience Intern
Pearson is the world’s learning company. We help people of all ages acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their work and careers. We believe that everyone should be able to keep learning, every day and in every way, throughout their lives. Bringing together everything we know about the science of learning and the latest technology, we’re shaping the future of teaching and learning.
We’re looking for the next generation of talented undergraduates to join our team for an unforgettable 10-week internship. An internship at Pearson is an opportunity to bring your own unique perspective as a learner, together with your academic knowledge, technical skills, and enthusiasm, to help create products used by students like you.
As one of our interns, you will gain a comprehensive introduction to our business. You’ll be assigned to a team and work on real-life projects that bring our products and services to life. On the job training and professional development will be provided to enable you to contribute to the business. You’ll also have direct access to a senior member of the team, as each intern will be mentored to help you make the most of the ten-week program.
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products reflect the people we serve — our teachers and learners. Successful candidates will spend 10 weeks working with our technology teams. You will be paid for the duration of your internship. The internship begins on Monday, June 7 th and ends Friday, August 13 th .
This role resides in Pearson’s Digital Workplace Services team which supports and enables services to all of Pearson’s staff. This role will therefore have the opportunity to engage with a representative sample of all of Pearson’s staff during the discovery phase. This role will have the opportunity to present findings to leaders and executives across Pearson.
- Document the UX journey for Pearson staff – starting from hire to working to changing roles to exit; the focus is the employee experience and the tools that contribute to that experience
- Identify a representative sample of Pearson staff to document the UX journey
- Through meetings or focused group sessions, gather information about the UX journey from the representative sample of Pearson staff
- Analyze the UX journey in collaboration key technical experts and leaders across Pearson
- Document findings from the analysis, focusing on actionable insights
- Through working sessions with key technical experts and leaders, brainstorm ways to improve the UX journey
- Facilitate a prioritization session to summarize findings into 2-3 actionable recommendations
- Present actionable recommendation to leaders and executives across Pearson
● Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate technical degree in User Experience, Marketing, Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
● Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss any issues with a wide variety of individuals and groups
● Creative and innovative skills with regards to knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and business needs
● Ability to work autonomously
● Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to problems or activities
● A strategic thinker and listener who acquires good problem-solving techniques
● An organized team player who can manage multiple tasks
● Preferably has familiarity with UX Journey Mapping and PowerPoint or an equivalent presentation-type tool
● Students with predicted upper second class honours degree
● Graduation date between 2021 and 2023
● Interns should be within driving distance of office location