Graduate Bridges Engineer Summer 2022
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 95 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; therefore, our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the Role
You will be joining a hardworking and successful team specialising Civil Structures and Bridge projects across the UK, supporting our design teams delivering projects from concept onwards.
The team work collaboratively across the UK and is growing rapidly so we have positions available in our Exeter, London, Bishops Stortford, Birmingham, and Wakefield offices. You will have the opportunity to work on many long-lasting and key infrastructure projects. One of our recent, ongoing projects is the London Hammersmith Bridge refurbishment. This landmark project comprises concept and detailed design for strengthening and refurbishment of the Hammersmith Grade-ll* listed historic suspension bridge in London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Joining Pell Frischmann will also see you part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will be trained in your set discipline to enable your future progression. Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2-year Graduate programme as a further support in your development. This exciting programme runs across about 40 hrs per year and will enable a bigger group overview of types of work, presenting the opportunity to network with others and develop key skills such as project management, personal Effectiveness, and leadership skills.
- Site Surveys & Inspections around the UK
- Design of new and existing bridges
- Preparation of Drawings and Specifications
- Report Writing
- Calculations for abnormal loads
- BSc in Civil Engineering, or equivalent, relevant qualification
- Exposure to Bridge or large structures Engineering projects or an interest in pursuing as a career
- A full UK driving licence
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and spoken.
- Good written English for reports.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and report writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
- MSc or other relevant Further degree
- AutoCAD or exposure to other design software
- Previous work/placement experience in an Engineering consultancy
Why Pell Frischmann?
At Pell Frischmann we embrace collaboration to reach our goals. We understand that everyone is different and that having a diverse workforce will allow for new ideas to be created, aiding to exciting innovation.
We are proud to be part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme and are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
In addition, we are one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies and understand a career isn’t just a “job”. We ensure you will not be Pidgeon-holed and that you have a bespoke individual development path, through Chartership and beyond to reach your goals!