Graduate Transport Planner 2021
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Our Wakefield office is seeking enthusiastic Graduate Transport Planners to join our growing team engaged in all aspects of traffic and transport planning, including Transport Assessments for new developments, masterplanning and urban regeneration projects, and Travel Plans. We are looking for keen, progressive and versatile individuals with a genuine interest in the Transport Planning profession.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Feasibility Studies and Travel Plans.
- Focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data, and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs.
- Expected to work with and prepare spreadsheets and write reports.
- Work as part of a growing team and required to carry out a variety of tasks so that report delivery deadlines are met.
- Will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially-focussed team with an expanding workload.
- Required to liaise with other professionals including architects and town planners, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to colleagues as workload dictates, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which, on occasion, includes working outside of normal office hours.
- Will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
Essential / Preferred Qualifications
• Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography and/or other numerate degrees.
• MSc in Transport Planning/EngineeringExperience• No previous experience required although candidates with previous experience will be considered.Skills• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and spoken.
• Good written English for reports.
• Strong numeracy, analytical and report writing skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
• Familiarity with the Planning Regulatory Framework.
• Knowledge of planning and transport planning policy and relevant design standards and guidance.