Graduate Transport Planner Manchester 2024
You will be joining a hard working and successful team specialising in all aspects of traffic and transport planning, including Transport Assessments for new developments, masterplanning and urban regeneration projects, and Travel Plans.
The team work collaboratively across the UK and as a result we would be flexible on you being based in our Manchester office. You will have the opportunity to working on many key projects in the Environment sector. One of our recent, ongoing projects is the Birmingham Transport Plan. Appointed as Transport Planners, Pell Frischmann was responsible for assembling and maintaining the BTP throughout its development, incorporating feedback from key stakeholders. City Centre Segments scheme aims to divide the city centre into six segments where the boundaries are permeable only to sustainable travel modes.
On joining Pell Frischmann you will become part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will gain training and experience in your chosen specialism.
Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2 year Graduate programme. This exciting programme is built around the competence requirements of professional institutions and a great way to kick start your career. You will have opportunity to network with others graduates across the Group and develop key skills such as project management, business and personal effectiveness.
- Assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Feasibility Studies and Travel Plans.
- Focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data, and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs.
- Expected to work with and prepare spreadsheets and write reports.
- Work as part of a growing team and required to carry out a variety of tasks so that report delivery deadlines are met.
- Will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially-focused team with an expanding workload.
- Required to liaise with other professionals including architects and town planners, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to colleagues as workload dictates, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which, on occasion, includes working outside of normal office hours.
- Will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning.
Why Pell Frischmann
We are one of the UK's most influential and highly respected firms of infrastructure and built environment professionals. We provide a collaborative and supportive working environment, where you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to create your own pathway and make a real impact within the business and in the communities in which you will operate.
We'll support your ongoing personal and professional development as your career progresses, allowing you to reach your full potential. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all, welcoming applications from all backgrounds and are delighted to be a part of the government's Disability Confident Scheme. We're happy to talk about flexible working and are committed to promoting the wellbeing of all our employees.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and other excellent benefits!