R&D Packaging Graduate
We are currently looking for a Packaging Graduate to join our R&D team on a 24month Basis. We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 16 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The role is for a Graduate Level 3 R&D Packaging reporting to the L7 R&D Packaging Engineer. The role will not have direct reports.
- Gain experience in the operation of the “M Rule” predictive model program especially around O2 calculations.
- Oversee the design of experiment program for the O2 ingress predictive modelling investigation & validation work involving several of our key juice brands versus the current Gold Standard equipment used.
- Support the PepsiCo sustainability program for Europe by assisting in the development of new Packaging lab test methods for determining the presence of recycled material in our PET bottles.
- Operate the key R&D Packaging lab equipment for evaluating our primary Beverage & Nutrition (Juice) packages, i.e. PET & Closures in a safe and best practice manner.
- Support our Packaging Lab Specialists in ensuring that we have a fully operational lab for packaging analysis work. This will entail maintaining, updating, improving and implementing risk assessment/equipment calibration/maintenance/good lab practices/proficiency programs in order that the Cork lab will continue to be recognised as a PepsiCo Global R&D Packaging Design Technology hub.
- Produce packaging lab data packs in accordance with the Global Packaging Development Process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure proper handling of Raw Materials and finished products to meet PepsiCo Standards
- Support and comply with all safety and compliance initiatives on site.
- A Technical Qualification
- Previous experience in technical areas, operations, quality, or food safety would be ideal
- Have at least 1-year lab experience
- Capable of planning, executing and delivering daily lab and pilot plant duties within specified time frames
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems
- Fluent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Relevant experience in laboratory (GLP, H&S) and pilot plant environment, as well as in R&D best practices is desirable
- Good understanding of key business drivers and ability to apply to improve results
- Able to work in a matrix organisation.
- Able to inspire passion around shared goals with colleagues
- Team player
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.