Corporate Communications Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the team
The Pernod Ricard UK Communications department supports the business in its Company objectives through enhancing and protecting the reputation of Pernod Ricard UK and The Gin Hub, its brands and its people. This is achieved through promotion of the Group’s pillars of premiumisation, innovation, responsibility and conviviality via engagement strategies across Pernod Ricard UK’s stakeholder base which includes customers, consumers, politicians, local community, the media, cultural partners and employees. The Pernod Ricard UK Communications team’s responsibilities cover Corporate Communications (corporate PR, crisis and issues management, cultural partnerships, specialised event management), external communication (B2B and B2C Communications), internal communications and Sustainability and Responsibility (the environment, social enterprise and responsible drinking).
About your role
The Communications Intern supports the Communication team’s ultimate aim of protecting and enhancing the reputation of Pernod Ricard UK to our stakeholders: customers, consumers, journalists, Government figures and other influencers. The Communications Intern provides support for the Communication team members across the full Communications spectrum: corporate communications and CSR, crisis management, internal Communications and brand and digital PR.
- Support the Communications Manager to project manage, implement and maintain the Pernod Ricard UK internal communications strategy ‘Connect’ through the following core initiatives:
- Delivery of internal CSR events and activities e.g. Responsib’ALL Day •Corporate Identity – PRUK brand guidelines, office branding and visual displays
- Be a member of the CSR Action Team with responsibility for internal CSR events and the EMEA Responsible Party programme
- Corporate identity – Become an expert on corporate identity across the business – supporting the Comms Manager to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to, that the office branding process is maintained and ensuring all electronic and printed materials are up to date
- Company conferences: Work with the Comms Manager and the Experiential Team in the production of Company Conferences. Intranet: Day-to-day content management, management of weekly news and content, co-ordinating input across the business
- Be the ‘PRUK media awareness centre’, daily analysis of media coverage and highlight to colleagues as relevant
- Develop a system to manage all Company print and online media subscriptions – aiming for cost effectiveness
- Manage sponsorship/charity enquiry inbox, sifting for relevant opportunities, responding in a timely and professional manner
- Work in partnership with our trade PR agency
- Events - co-ordination and implementation with experiential marketing team/brand managers as required
- Day-to-day manager of @pernodricardUK, working closely with the Comms Manager for approval on all posts
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values
What’s in it for you?
The UK market is one of the most sophisticated in terms of Communications and Corporate Affairs. UK consumers are savvy and know what they want. The UK is home to highly influential financial media, the most contentious consumer affairs journalists, an anti-alcohol lobby and a Government with alcohol issues high on the agenda. Working in the Communications and Corporate Affairs department at the second biggest drinks business globally, in the UK, gives you an unrivalled opportunity to gain experience in corporate communications, sustainability & responsibility, B2B, internal communications, consumer PR and events.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant related undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.