Customer Services Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About the team
The Operations function at Pernod Ricard UK is responsible for the management and development of the company’s inbound supply chain, customer service, quality and procurement activities. The function’s objective is to provide very high levels of service whilst minimising operating costs and working capital. Key focus areas for the team are: efficient and effective supply and demand planning processes; robust inventory and duty management procedures; engaged and collaborative customer service activities; expert 3PL warehousing and logistics management; all of which are underpinned with a keen focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
The Procurement team works with stakeholders to respond to business needs and challenges, and to deliver value and cost-effective solutions. POS purchasing and inventory management is led by procurement to support the customer and brand marketing teams in their requirements for customer and consumer activations.
About your role
To provide end to end administration of the ‘order to delivery’ process for a portfolio of Customers across all commercial channels (Grocery, Impulse, Wholesales Cash and Carry and On Premise), and to provide reporting, query and ad hoc customer services support to the wider business for any existing or new initiatives.
- Represent PRUK as required at any Customer Events / Forums ensuring key information is collated and reported back to Operations
- Developing strong working relationships with key contacts – Demand and Supply Planning, Commercial, Marketing, Credit Control, Pricing
- Establish collaborative relationships with your Customers to drive improvements in Customer Service and support key initiatives
- Attendance of key Customer or Commercial meetings as required, providing service level reporting and / or analysis
- To process orders within agreed contractual lead times by customer and meeting demand planning, stock control and commercial requirements, also promptly communicating availability and any issues relating to timeliness or completeness of deliveries
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
You will get a great insight into how Pernod Ricard UK operates, with the chance to work closely with our Commercial, Supply-Chain and Finance teams. This is a busy role within a strong Customer Service focus, however you will have exposure to a wide range of areas within Operations; supply and demand planning processes, inventory and duty management procedures, 3PL warehousing and logistics management, whilst working in a team with a keen focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.