Finance Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the team
The finance department is responsible for the organisation of the Company’s financial and accounting affairs including the preparation and presentation of business accounts and the provision of financial information for managers. To provide tools and insights to protect and leverage PRUK assets the finance department:
- Business Insight – Give timely and relevant insight, provide opportunity and risk identification, offer return on investment optimisation and commercial negotiation support.
- Profit and Cash Management - Set and monitor delivery of stretch targets and manage financial flow to meet Pernod Ricard Group expectations.
- Robust and User Friendly Control Environment – Provide a professional framework for customer and supplier commitments, along with asset protection and financial accounts integrity and tax/regulatory compliance.
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About your role
- Provision of financial analysis and information which enables the various departments of Pernod Ricard UK to make appropriate business decisions
- Submission of results to Pernod Ricard Europe
- Assisting with Ad Hoc projects within the FP&A team across both Wines and Spirits
- Supporting the department in key deliverables such as Budget, Latest Estimates and Year End
- Accurate and complete updating of key month end processes and routines
- Production and reconciliation of key month end reports
- Involvement in the top down budgeting and forecasting process and provision of information to the commercial and marketing departments as and when it is needed
- Accurate updating of system information such as product costs and exchange rates
- Review of the internal company processes as requested and provision of advice on improvements which could be made
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
Finance is at the heart of any business and this placement will provide an insight into how a finance department operates and its wider role in an organisation. You’ll build strong skills in excel and financial systems (such as JDE) and get an insight into the financial reporting, tax and internal controls of a large organisation. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, curious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree such as Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.