HR Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About the team
About the team The Human Resources team believe that blending performance and ‘Convivialite’ is the distinctive way to work together, the unique Pernod Ricard way. Within Pernod Ricard UK HR we welcome diversity and differences and thrive on the excitement and challenges of continuously growing and adapting our business. It is HR’s role to create the working environment that allows us to succeed in this challenge.
HR collaborate with the business and our key stakeholders to find high-calibre people and help them excel. HR develop our talented employees in every corner of the business, and equip them with the right personal, professional and practical skills to anticipate, and respond to, the challenges that the future will throw at us.
The HR team live and breathe our Leadership Competencies striving to be the leaders in executing a bold employee experience through our agile learning and development; our open and authentic compensation and benefits and our consumer centric people agenda.
About your role
As an HR intern, part of our Bright Futures programme, you will be required to deliver an efficient, comprehensive and professional HR generalist service enabling the Company to deliver best practice in all areas of employment and facilitate the delivery of the business goals with specific emphasis on Recruitment, Employee Benefits, HR Data reporting, Learning and Development and various other reasonable additional responsibilities.
- Assisting with recruitment and hiring process - posting job openings, helping with interview scheduling and administration.
- Assisting with employee benefits management- issues related to benefits enrolment, troubleshooting employee benefits issues, and the customer service aspect of benefits oversight.
- Provide advice to all employees on company benefits. Assist employees with their Smart Choices profile and troubleshoot any issues.
- Providing general administrative and ad hoc clerical duties to support the L&D Team as and where necessary
- Contributing to the wider HR Team on delivery of key initiatives.
- Administering and updating the Learning Management System.
- Managing the scheduling of all training courses: Following the end to end process from room booking, trainer availability, delegate invites, course confirmations and printing of materials where necessary.
- Supporting the trainers with production of training materials.
- Handling employee requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalating the request to other members of the team
- Providing all round support to the HR team to assist with all admin; for example, raising contracts for new and current employees. Creating monthly reporting, general letters for visas, long service. Maintaining records within KPI’s and sending regular updates out to the business re: starters, leavers and internal employee movement.
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
We will provide you with a rewarding experience, a chance to learn new skills, and an opportunity to make a real difference every day. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.