Marketing Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About the team
Our Vision as a marketing department is to be the engine of our business, fundamentally setting and driving the strategy that will enable PRUK to achieve its goal of becoming the No2 player in the market. This vision is underpinned by a commitment to understanding our consumers and their moments of conviviality, to creativity and entrepreneurship, all with solid commercial foundations.
As a member of the marketing department, you will work cross functionally to ensure our brands are present and play an active role in the moments that matter in consumers lives. You will have a commitment to efficiency and ROI, to learning and improving and sharing best practice across the department to enable us to accelerate our performance.
You will have a clear view of the big initiatives that will accelerate growth for our business, from A&P investment, to NPD, to digital acceleration & experiential and you will focus on delivering these with impact so we can achieve our goal.
About your role
To assist the Absolut brand marketing team with brand management activities and support Malibu and Kahlua projects, and to assist and support the Business and Consumer Insights team in providing relevant, timely and actionable insights to the business.
- Assist with day-to-day brand management activities for Absolut such as; generating and collating brand assets, assisting the commercial teams with brand requests and sending out product/brand information to key external stakeholders
- Support with community management of TAC portfolio social media channels
- Assist with yearly brand plans for Absolut & Malibu
- Helping to manage brand events & experiential activity, both consumer and customer facing
- Manage Absolut & Malibu’s email campaigns (eCRM)
- Manage monthly content updates on our brand website
- Assist the customer marketing teams to help drive cross channel activations across the year
- Compile monthly innovation & brand performance trackers for TAC portfolio (Absolut, Malibu & Kahlua); monitoring key competitor activity & new product releases
- As required fulfil ad-hoc requests, retrieve Nielsen and CGA data from the relevant databases using the Answers software
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
- What’s in it for you? All marketing projects have to be rooted in a real understanding of consumers and their behaviour. This role will enable you to understand key consumer dynamics in this fastmoving industry and contribute to furthering our knowledge in this important area.
- You will also get a hands-on understanding of the brand management role, working on one of the sexiest brands in the Spirits category.
- You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.