Procurement & Supply Chain Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About the team
The Operations function at Pernod Ricard UK is responsible for the management and development of the company’s inbound supply chain, customer service, quality and procurement activities. The function’s objective is to provide very high levels of service whilst minimising operating costs and working capital. Key focus areas for the team are: efficient and effective supply and demand planning processes; robust inventory and duty management procedures; engaged and collaborative customer service activities; expert 3PL warehousing and logistics management; all of which are underpinned with a keen focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
The Procurement team works with stakeholders to respond to business needs and challenges, and to deliver value and cost-effective solutions. POS purchasing and inventory management is led by procurement to support the customer and brand marketing teams in their requirements for customer and consumer activations.
About your role
Working across all the Operational functions, you will provide support to the Procurement team, on tenders and category review processes, and the Supply Chain team, working on forecasting, demand planning, and stock replenishment. You will be supporting the Quality team, working on consumer feedback and technical preparation and assistance. The Operations team is central to all that we do in Pernod Ricard, working closely with many other teams across the business, and it’s essential we get our prestigious wine and spirits brands to our customers in the most efficient manner possible whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
- Supporting with planning and reducing the inventory levels of our point-of-sale stock holding
- Provide support to the procurement function on tenders and commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Ongoing supplier relationship management and supplier performance monitoring/reporting against agreed KPIs.
- Assisting with general business administration and data management tasks within the Procurement team
- Supporting to plan and manage the inventory levels of our product range
- Work with customers’ logistics teams to improve stock availability and sales through planning, forecasting, and replenishment.
- Proactively manage forecast changes in conjunction with our commercial team.
- Capturing and recording & responding to customer / consumer feedback and sharing data with relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for preparing technical data to facilitate commercial and compliance obligations
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll gain fantastic exposure to the full supply chain operation within the business, from working with Procurement to ensure we are working with the right suppliers with the right commercial terms in place, through to supporting with the Sales and Operation Planning processes with the Supply Chain team. You’ll be able to build internal stakeholder relationships, gain exposure to commercial negotiations, and develop your analytical skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.