Category Development Executive Intern (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the team
The Customer Development Strategy and Planning team is the central strategy and planning function of Pernod Ricard UK forming the link between Marketing and Commercial. It consolidates multiple disciplines which are an integral part of our Go to Market formula and Integrated Business way of working.
Overlaid on these areas of functional specialism, working with the Executive Committee CDSP team is shaping and evolving our emerging strategy in response to changing market dynamics in both customer landscape and consumer trends.
About the role
- Assisting in the delivery of category leadership in Premium Wines & Spirits to our customers and to our business such that Pernod-Ricard UK becomes renowned for creating and implementing category insights which drive profitable growth in PRUK’s market share.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of an insight led category plan with priority customers that delivers sustainable growth in premium wines and spirits and PRUK brands
- Working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Marketing to use these insights to assist in the delivery of commercial objectives and enhance the development of our key brands
- Assist implementation of the category plan. Helping to develop and deliver strategies to maximise range, space, location and availability incorporating all category growth levers including pouring status and premium upsell
- Develop and manage monthly reporting on key category deliverables across the commercial and brands teams on the on & off trade
- Assist the category experts within the business through building in-depth knowledge of category structure, trends, behaviours dynamics and developments.
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
You will get the opportunity to work with Sales, Marketing and Customer Marketing to use these insights to assist in the delivery of commercial objectives and enhance the development of our key brands, giving you great exposure.
You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.