Category Development Industrial Placement 2021
The Customer Development team sits within the wider Strategy & Transformation team which is the central strategy and planning function of Pernod Ricard UK, forming the link between Marketing and Commercial. It consolidates multiple disciplines which are an integral part of our Go to Market formula and Integrated Business way of working.
Your role will be to assist with the delivery of category leadership in Premium Wines & Spirits to our customers and to our business such that Pernod-Ricard UK becomes renowned for creating and implementing category insights which drive profitable growth in PRUK’s market share. You will be involved in the development and delivery of an insight led category plan with priority customers that delivers sustainable growth in premium wines and spirits and PRUK brands.
What can you expect?
- Assist with the creation and development of 1 year rolling category plans with priority customers
- Assist implementation of the category plan. Helping to develop and deliver strategies to maximise range, space, location and availability incorporating all category growth levers including pouring status and premium upsell
- Develop and manage monthly reporting on key category deliverables across the commercial and brands teams on the on & off trade
- Ensure tactics within the plan are implemented in outlet. Evaluate the impact and ensure learning is communicated and fed into future planning and activation
- Provide rationale and shopper/consumer insight for Brand selling stories and work with Sales and Customer Marketing to tailor them for your customers – including customer level insight
- Raise the capability of internal teams with respect to their understanding and usage of category arguments. Create and embed appropriate tools e.g. category vision and strategy, triple win and category based selling
- Assist the category experts within the business through building in-depth knowledge of category structure, trends, behaviours dynamics and developments
- Deliver one category project in the year, which provides new category insight and can be proactively taken across trade sectors to underpin development on our main brands.
Activity Development, Shaping & Tailoring
- Support the building of PRUK shopper/consumer understanding in the on/off-trade and assist in the development of the category plan and execution of in-outlet activity
- Assist the Category Managers to shape brand, NPD & portfolio activities to ensure category thinking is reflected in the resulting programmes. Deliver translated and tailored selling stories in association with Customer Marketing where appropriate
What’s in it for you?
You will get the opportunity to work with Sales, Marketing and Customer Marketing to use these insights to assist in the delivery of commercial objectives and enhance the development of our key brands, giving you great exposure.
You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a Business or Marketing related undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 120 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 12 months
Placements will commence in June 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our new West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?