Financial Planning & Analyst Industrial Placement 2021
The finance department is responsible for the organisation of the Company’s financial and accounting affairs including the preparation and presentation of business accounts and the provision of financial information for managers. The role is to assist the finance team in providing support to the business covering financial reporting, financial planning, analytical support and financial control.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Producing financial reports to help understand business performance
- Supporting key finance processes, for example forecasting, budgeting and financial year end
- Analytical project work including analysing certain lines of the P&L to identify actionable recommendations
- Communicating daily sales figures back to the business
- Maintaining qualitative processes and implementation
What’s in it for you?
Finance is at the heart of any business and this placement will provide an insight into how a finance department operates and its wider role in an organisation. You’ll build strong skills in excel and financial systems (such as JDE) and get an insight into the financial reporting, tax and internal controls of a large organisation. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, curious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a Finance undergraduate degree, or a Business Management undergraduate degree with a strong interest in Finance
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or abovea
- Have a minimum of 120 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 13 months (to cover the start and end of our financial year, a key time for the Finance team!)
Placements will commence in June 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our new West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?