International Graduate Programme 2021
A Graduate Brand Ambassador, representing leading international Scotch and Gin brands, based internationally for up to two years. You will bring to life local marketing and bar trade initiatives to inspire, engage and win share of mind for the brand with the local Market Company and its sales team, as well as local bartenders and consumers.
Key activities will include: conducting brand education sessions, building strong relevant relationships, and supporting brand activity and events.
The Graduate Brand Ambassador will report directly to a marketing contact in the local market company. In addition, the Graduate Brand Ambassador will work closely with the designated Graduate & Brand Development Manager within Chivas Brothers to ensure all brand market activations are implemented as required and to maintain a close link to the Brand Company.
Regular liaison with the:
- Graduate & Brand Development Manager
- Global Brand Marketing team(s)
- Graduate Brand Ambassador network
- Heritage teams
- Marketing contact as day-to-day line manager
- Sales team
- Customers / Bartenders / Consumers
- Media and key trade influencers
Brand Education & Mentoring
- Inspire and educate in-market sales team on the brand to generate interest and a robust understanding of qualities/characteristic/heritage.
- Execute a mentoring programme with key trade customers and in particular bartenders, bar managers and mixologists.
- Identify and conduct tastings/education for target groups of consumers / opinion leaders.
Working with the local sales and marketing teams, identify and target bars, night-clubs and restaurants for further development.
- Build relationships with the outlet including customer and trade promotions, bar staff education and brand visibility.
- Convert target consumers and influencers to the brand through tasting and brand education.
- Keep an on-going relationship with key flagship bars.
- Represent the brand at key events.
- Support the local team in the retail business where possible, with brand visibility, education and communication.
- Support implementation, tracking and evaluation of planned promotional activity in the trade.
- Propose, present and trial new brand initiatives, either international best practice or locally-developed.
- Provision of market intelligence, investigating, analysing and reporting on key competitor activity and market dynamics to local brand team and Chivas Brothers.
- Highlight and promote the brand activities to relevant media/press contacts.
- Present the brand to trade and lifestyle press when/where appropriate opportunities arise.
- Complete monthly report in line with Chivas Brothers format for circulation to PR Marketing and Chivas Brothers comprising of environment analysis, market trends, brand performance and specific ambassador activities.
- Provide regular best practice sharing and Chatter updates.
- Develop and manage local social media campaigns, to target consumers, bar tenders and key contacts.
- Update with key events, brand activity and mentoring sessions and maintain and build relationships with key contacts.
- A University Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or Languages.
- Relevant work experience (please state exact dates) in sales or marketing post university; and / or a Master’s Degree.
- A commitment to living abroad for a minimum of two years and a desire to continue an international career beyond the programme.
- A self-confident, outgoing individual who actively enjoys building strong relationships.
- A self-starter who takes initiative to make things happen – entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Maturity and professionalism – strikes an appropriate balance between leveraging conviviality and representing the brand and company in an appropriate manner.
- A passion for the bar scene and mixology, and therefore can inspire and connect with the bar community.
- A responsible attitude and approach towards alcohol.
- Experience of living or studying abroad.
- An interest in whisky or gin.