Marketing Executive Intern - Gin Hub (Industrial Placement)
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About the team
The Gin Hub was established in 2017 as a standalone Brand Company to transform the way Pernod Ricard approaches the Gin category and to accelerate performance across our portfolio of International Gin brands, namely Beefeater, Plymouth, Malfy, Monkey 47 & Ki No Bi. Premium is the heartland of our business and we have an enviable portfolio of premium, super premium and ultra premium Gin brands which complement each other perfectly and are internationally acclaimed for their great taste and superior quality. We are a diverse, convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic team, united in our ambition to make Pernod Ricard the No.1 player in Premium+ Gin worldwide.
About your role
The vision for The Gin Hub at Pernod Ricard is to be the No.1 in Premium + Gin globally. This will be achieved by marketing Pernod Ricard’s Gin portfolio to the highest standards to win the hearts and minds of gin consumers all over the world. Beefeater is the strategic international priority brand in our Portfolio, as a key contributor of the PR Gin success, with already a great development.
As a Brand Marketeer, you will build the brands strategic development and will support the progression of integrated and innovative initiatives for Beefeater gin. This will cover most of the elements of the marketing mix with a particular focus on packaging and last three feet and also the interface with markets to facilitate their access to brand assets.
Your key purpose is to support the Beefeater brand team with the day to day management of the brands as well as either leading or assisting key marketing initiatives and support the markets to implement them.
- Assisting the global Beefeater gin brand team in translating brand strategy into execution across the marketing mix, with a specific focus on L3F strategy and packaging projects,
- Supporting the Activation team on specific Beefeater requests from markets on brand material assets, and be the guardian of the content of internal com tools (interface to markets e.g. My Brands asset cloud uploads) and the brand administrator (e.g. samples and POS requests),
- Compiling the brand best practice and market learnings on consumer activation (including KPI tracking),
- Participating in Annual brand planning and integrated business planning for Beefeater
- Any other reasonable additional duties / support that may be required from time to time e.g. company gathering or consumer events
- Building strong working relationships with Agency Suppliers, The Gin Hub Market Activation Team, Brand Ambassadors & Global BM Beefeater.
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
All marketing projects have to deliver desirability for the consumer, shopper, retailer and brands. This role will enable you to understand key brand, consumer, shopper and customer dynamics in this fastmoving industry, and contribute to delivering exceptional plans in this important area. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Application submission
- Online test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
*You are welcome to apply to more than one position with Pernod Ricard UK
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.