Consumer Insights Scientist Internship 2021
Are you passionate about consumer insights? Would you like to use your scientific and analytical skills to enable product designs that your consumer will love? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Consumer Insights Scientists work as master integrators, making non-obvious connections across consumer, technical and business realms, and translating these connections into robust product propositions and strategies. They provide a unique advantage to P&G by integrating in-depth consumer understanding with product technology in a single role.
What you can expect
We are looking to recruit candidates to work in our reading and Newcastle Innovation Centres for 12-month internship placements starting in summer 2021. During your internship, you will play a key role in generating consumer insights and inspiring your multi-functional R&D partners: Designers, Engineers, Scientists & Technologists, to collaboratively translate those insights into irresistible product experiences that delight the consumer.
We offer you
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities from a team that includes senior management and experience the impact you can have in our business early on.
- Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems.
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Team working – you will improve your team working and management skills through practical experience and interactive training courses.
- Benefits - we offer an attractive remuneration package on top of a great learning experience, and the best interns have the potential to receive a Job Offer after they graduate.
Some examples of past Consumer Insights internship projects
- Investigate the properties of skin and hair. Suggest potential mechanisms and develop solutions to reduce post-shave irritation.
- Identify connections between razor product technology and consumer insights and translate those connections into winning product proposals. Prototype new product ideas and iteratively learn through explicit focused learning cycles and consumer studies to create irresistible products.
- Assess and understand consumer, technology, market, online, competitive and IP landscape to influence the definition of category innovation strategies and new opportunity spaces.
- Are in your penultimate or final year of your degree (Bachelors or Masters) preferably in a different scientific field (e.g. natural/life/physical/data science/computer science), or engineering (chemical/mechanical/electrical/design).
- Have Academic excellence at all stages through school and University education
- Have a good knowledge of English
- Have technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and strong collaboration skills.
Note that we in R&D are not looking for IT students, so if passionate about an IT role please check Information Technology.
Good to Know:
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Application Deadline: 20th November 2020 – however roles fill fast and are filled on an ongoing basis so apply early to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to remove the role earlier than the deadline if it has been filled.