Graduate Scientist Product Development Manager
Are you passionate about the science behind products? Are you excited by translating breakthrough innovations into successful businesses? Do you want to develop innovations for some of the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Scientist or Engineer to join our Fabric Care Products Research/Product Design team in Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.. This is a unique opportunity to join the team developing some of the world’s best loved brands such as Ariel, Fairy and Tide.
- Core understanding of consumer behaviour and product acceptance, through design, execution and analysis of consumer research
- Lead the definition of product success criteria and rapid screening of novel prototypes
- Design & qualification of new products to market
- Development of compelling product communication, including claims and demos, etc
- Project management to deliver technical readiness for complex multifaceted programs
- Lead organisation change to fully leverage LEAN and Agile innovation principles
- Lead multifunction teams, coach/develop others
This role will eventually include people management responsibility, so we are looking for people who are comfortable with managing teams or have demonstrated leadership skills
What we Offer You
- Responsibility from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects to lead from the beginning
- Technical Career – we give you the opportunity to test your scientific knowledge and management abilities in real-life situations and working with cutting edge technologies
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential.
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role
- Minimum Master’s degree 2:1 or higher in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Biological Science or related field. Further academic qualifications including PhD’s would be welcomed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different backgrounds & cultures
- Curious about innovation models, consumer product innovation and application of science to real life challenges
- Entrepreneurial mindset demonstrated through work and previous experiences
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas, data points and develop unique solutions
- Able to work independently, multi task and perform in a high achieving environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English for business use
- Willing to travel abroad for business trips.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?